I was recently introduced to Wild Tree Herbs and have learned NEW, FUN, AND EXCITING WAYS TO COOK. Now a mother of a beautiful baby girl my time is quickly being taken up by my little peanut (Miss Porter Josilynn) and I am finding it harder and harder to find the time to cook. After a great day at the office the last thing I want to do is to come up and cook up a meal that takes time, and more planning. Instaed, I have learned proper meal prep and have found a variety of healthy meals for Tyler and I to eat. I plan one Saturday morning a month and make 20 meals (THAT TASTE GREAT). These meals are than frozen until the week when I need them. Majority of them consist of a protein (chicken, steak, or fish) and after thawed, only take 10-15min to cook on the stovetop or grill. Many of the meals go great with a salad, mixed veggies, or rice.... the primary base... GRAPESEED OIL.
check out below....
Wildtree’s Grapeseed Oil is Expeller Pressed. Wildtree Grapeseed Oil is NOT solvent extracted like the vast majority of Grapeseed oils in the marketplace. Expeller pressed grapeseed oil is the result of a chemical-free mechanical process that extracts oil from seeds with no external heat and produces the finest oil. This method of oil extraction is an alternative to the chemical extraction method used for many conventional oils. Sometimes expeller pressed is referred to as cold-pressed. Expeller Pressed Grapeseed Oil is made from grape seeds after wine production. It is therefore environmentally sound and requires no new farmland or water to produce. Versatile, delicious and good for you, Grapeseed oil allows the pure flavor of fresh food to come through. Its delicate flavor and body make it perfect for sautéing, baking or frying. Try it in salad dressings, on pasta or hard breads, or use as marinades or bastes for the grill.
· There are NO preservatives such as TBHQ or BHT.
· It is NOT hydrogenated.
· There is NO sodium.
· NO trans fatty acids.
· NO cholesterol (it actually aids in cholesterol reduction).
· It has one of the lowest levels of saturated fats of all oils (see chart below).
· It is easily digestible and
· A good source of Vitamin E Alpha (an important anti-oxidant)(4.3 mg per serving).
· Highest concentration of poly (76%) unsaturated acid of any oil.
· Helps the body produce High Density Lipoprotein (HDL).
· High in Linoleic acid - and its health benefits:
- is a fatty acid which acts as a transporter for saturated fats - helps prevent accumulation in the arteries.
- also known as Omega-6 and in near identical proportions to mother's milk.
- vital to life and cannot be produced by the body alone.
I get a lot of questions regarding kids and chiropractic care ... and considering I'm a new mom (hence the fact it's been awhile since our last blog post ;( ), I thought I'd share a few reasons why chiropractic maybe a good choice for infants....
Birth is unavoidably stressful for your little one, which alone can cause a disturbance in the nervous system. Because of this, newborns are especially susceptible to spinal misalignment and stress on the nerves. This may not be apparent initially, but if left uncorrected, it could cause problems in the years to come. If your child’s body is stressed in any way, normal spinal alignment may be lost, and growth and development may be altered. This may show up in many forms, such as scoliosis, pain, asthma, or a digestive disorder. To ensure that your child’s body is functioning properly, it is best to have their spine checked as a normal part of postnatal care with mom. If you have older children who have not had their spines checked, the sooner they are examined the more likely they are to reach their full healthy potential. The earlier spinal subluxations are corrected, the more quickly an individual can begin to enjoy true health.The short of it...
1. they grow upside down for 9months
2. they undergo a lot of trauma during the birthing process (vaginal birth AND cesarean birth)
3. they were confined to small living quarters for 40 weeks gestation
5. Projectile vomiting
6. failure to rotate head both directions
8. fever (not wanting to medicate your infant?? call a chiropractor today)
AND MANY MORE!
If you know of someone that wants to learn more or chat with Dr. CJ regarding infants and chiropractic, schedule a complimentary consultation at 892-3363 or email Dr. CJ directly at email@example.com
Back in Line BLOG
Drs. Nate, CJ, and Hannah will take turns sharing information they stumble across from certain research, publications, or may just post a quick healthy tidbit to keep you motivated to leading a happier, healthier lifestyle!