While breast feeding is best, we also understand that not everyone has the luxury afforded to be able to breast feed their new bundle of joy. While we encourage all attempts to naturally increase a woman's breast milk supply, we realize it does not work for everyone. Again, we cannot express enough and encourage lactation coaching and counseling especially during those first few weeks, here is an alternative solution to making your own. This recipe definitely trumps most store bought brands in price and in quality. (no fillers, fructose corn-syrup .... yes, sad reality that many powder formulas contain fructose corn syrup... some of them this is the #1 or 2 ingredient!) This was shared with me by a highly respected Wisconsin Chiropractor and Naturopathetic doctor. He prefers all the credit goes to GOD -- AMEN BROTHER!
Shelf life is only 3-4 days - small inconvenience for better quality that store bought formula brands.
Use only truly organic expeller-expressed oils in the formula recipes, otherwise they may lack vitamin E.
• 2 cups Organic Coconut milk (So Delicious is a great brand, or almond, rice, or hemp milk can be used)
• 1 tablespoon megabiotic formula (can be purchased at BIL for physician grade)
• 1 teaspoon regular cod liver oil
• 1 teaspoon unrefined coconut oil
• 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
• ½ cup beet juice
• ¼ cup carrot juice
• 2 cups spring water
• 1/4 teaspoon acerola powder (Vit C) - cherry powder
• Put 2 cups spring water into a pyrex measuring pitcher
• Pour about half of the water into a pan and place on a medium flame.
• Stir in the coconut oil and stir until melted.
• Meanwhile, place remaining ingredients into a blender.
• Add the water mixture and blend about three seconds.
• Place in glass bottles or a glass jar and refrigerate.
Before giving to baby,
warm bottles by placing in hot water
or a bottle warmer.
NEVER warm bottles in a microwave oven.
Back in Line BLOG
Drs. Nate, CJ, and Hannah will take turns sharing information they stumble across from certain research, publications, or may just post a quick healthy tidbit to keep you motivated to leading a happier, healthier lifestyle!